Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!

On this beautiful Monday, the 22nd of March, I am excited to wish my little sister a very happy birthday!!! I love her so much---she brings so much happiness to my life. I am grateful to have such an amazing sister and have loved getting to know her these past 17 years. Some favorite memories and things I love about Kate:
She used to wear this Gap sweatshirt EVERY day. I'm not kidding--every day. It was quite simple for her to get ready in the mornings. I think she went through 2 or 3 of this exact same sweatshirt. The girl knew what she liked and stuck with it!

From the time she was 5 she LOVED chihuahuas. She used to make lists of what she would name her 101 chihuahuas! Well, she never did get 101, but she did get Tito for Christmas all snuggled up in a basket and left on the doorstep with a note from Santa--she bawled.

Kate and I were the only kids at home for two years until I went to college, and after two years of college I decided to move home and commute to school. We had so much fun just being "us two" all that time together.

I love this picture!!! During the time I was living in Provo she came and slept over at my apartment--she partied hard and conked out on the couch.

We have hundreds of pictures that look like this--us goofing off. We always have fun together.

I love that she wears the slippers my Grandma gave her--they seriously have holes in the bottom from her wearing them so much! They are so old ladyish and Kate just loves them.

I love that we both have green eyes :)


I love to watch Kate dance. She has a dancers body and is absolutely amazing!

I love that Kate continues to ski despite all of my pressure to try to get her snowboarding. Hey--as long as she goes with me I can't complain.

I love that Kate rocks at piano and isn't afraid to sing and play and perform for anyone who will listen.

I love that she likes to scrapbook with me :)


For her 15th birthday she let me embarrass her at Build-A-Bear--they stopped everyone in the store and she had to ring the birthday bell and we all chanted some cheesy birthday saying. It was great. :)
She is always there to support me through the big moments in my life.

She knows just how to cheer me up.

And its pretty cool that she looks ridiculously like Emma Watson from the Harry Potter movies.

Kate I love you and hope you have a great birthday! Here's to another great year of memories.

-Jacquelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment